Created by: nicklangridge
- Filling out the template is required. Any pull request that does not include enough information to be reviewed in a timely manner may be closed at the maintainers' discretion;
- Review the contributing guidelines for this repository; remember in particular:
- do not modify code without testing for regression
- provide simple unit tests to test the changes
- the PR must not fail unit testing
- if you're adding/updating documentation of an endpoint, make sure you add/update the necessary parameters to the (template) configuration files in the ensembl-rest_private repo
- Merge in e!g info and lookup endpoints, documentation, and example params
- Adapt lookup to use metadata db
- Add registry and app preloading in Starman
- Fix some documentation example params for existing endpoints
A single REST instance to serve all Ensembl divisions.
We can retire Ensembl Genomes REST.
When all divisions are enabled we see
- Increased memory footprint
- Slow server start time due to registry preloading (startup takes a couple of minutes)
Tests for the new endpoints are in development and will follow in a separate PR (as agreed with Mag)
Merge Ensembl Genomes REST functionality to allow a single REST instance to serve all Ensembl divisions.