Created by: magaliruffier
- Filling out the template is required. Any pull request that does not include enough information to be reviewed in a timely manner may be closed at the maintainers' discretion;
- Review the contributing guidelines for this repository; remember in particular:
- do not modify code without testing for regression
- provide simple unit tests to test the changes
- if you change the schema you must patch the test databases as well, see Updating the schema
- the PR must not fail unit testing
These changes make the xref pipeline more division and species aware.
Describe the problem. Please provide an example representing the motivation behind the need for having these changes in place. The existing pipeline is very vertebrate centric. The changes are more compatible with other divisions and have been tested by WormBase on a large number of species.
If applicable, describe the advantages the changes will have.
The pipeline can be run on any Ensembl division.
If applicable, describe any possible undesirable consequence of the changes.
Have you added/modified unit tests to test the changes? The pipeline was run successfully on a large number of vertebrates and a large set of worms
If so, do the tests pass/fail?
Have you run the entire test suite and no regression was detected? NA