Created by: thibauthourlier
…oordinates in the database
- Filling out the template is required. Any pull request that does not include enough information to be reviewed in a timely manner may be closed at the maintainers' discretion;
- Review the contributing guidelines for this repository; remember in particular:
- do not modify code without testing for regression
- provide simple unit tests to test the changes
- if you change the schema you must patch the test databases as well, see Updating the schema
- the PR must not fail unit testing
Using one or more sentences, describe in detail the proposed changes. Use seq_region_start and seq_region_end when updating the coordinates of a gene in a database.
Describe the problem. Please provide an example representing the motivation behind the need for having these changes in place. If the gene is on a sub Slice and start and end are called, they return the start and end relative to the slice. When start and end are used in update_coords, it will then insert the wrong coordinates of the gene in the database.
If applicable, describe the advantages the changes will have. It will store the correct coordinates of a gene when updating the coordinates in the database.
If applicable, describe any possible undesirable consequence of the changes.
Have you added/modified unit tests to test the changes? Yes If so, do the tests pass/fail? Pass Have you run the entire test suite and no regression was detected?