Created by: ens-bwalts
- Filling out the template is required. Any pull request that does not include enough information to be reviewed in a timely manner may be closed at the maintainers' discretion;
- Review the contributing guidelines for this repository; remember in particular:
- do not modify code without testing for regression
- provide simple unit tests to test the changes
- if you change the schema you must patch the test databases as well, see Updating the schema
- the PR must not fail unit testing
Adds feature_so_term() method to Slice, as was done with Feature.
This is required by methods in Bio::EnsEMBL::Utils::IO::GFFSerializer, among others
Allows fetching SO terms for slices, along with SO accession numbers, as can be done with features
Relies upon a manually updated table mapping SO terms to accessions
Have you added/modified unit tests to test the changes?
If so, do the tests pass/fail?
Have you run the entire test suite and no regression was detected? Yes (failures in sliceVariation.t and strainSlice.t are related to schema incompatibility)